Knowing how to truss a chicken is essential when it comes to making a roast or rotisserie chicken.
Trussing the bird before cooking helps it to maintain its shape, ensuring that the chicken cooks evenly, resulting in tender leg meat and juicy breast meat.
Trussing a chicken takes less than a minute and you can use the same trussing technique for all poultry and game birds.
- Prepare the chicken for trussing by cutting off the feet and wing tips from the bird and remove the wishbone.
- Pull the string underneath the chicken breast and down towards the wings
- Turn over the chicken on to its front, tie the wings together nice and tight
- Tuck the string underneath the wings and turn the chicken over onto its back again
- Bring the string between the breasts and the legs and cross over, pulling tight.
- Tuck the string under the drumsticks and tie them tightly together.
Hazelnut dentelles can add, flavour, texture and visual impact to any dessert.
These two ingredients may seem like an odd pairing at first, but they have a lot of deep, dark, powerful flavour notes in common.
These buttermilk pancakes aren’t about restraint, they are about satisfying your every breakfast whim and we’re here to help.